The Overlook Film Encyclopedia Series (Phil Hardy,
- Horror Practically every horror movie is reviewed!
- Science Fiction Just as thorough!
- The Western
More from this great series!
The Official Godzilla Compendium
The king of the monsters gets a detailed look at all
of his movies and foes! I can't think of anything
they left out except the NEW movie (thank goodness!)
- Mondo Macabro: Weird & Wonderful Cinema Around the World (Pete Tombs) Bizarre films! Definitely NOT for children, this takes a look at many Asian film genres.
Immoral Tales: European Sex & Horror Movies 1956-1984 (Pete Tombs, Cathal Tobill)
More bizarre films! Also not for kids, this book is very graphic and has a lot of great essays and overviews!
That's All Folks!: The Art of Warner Bros. Animation (Steve Schneider) The history of
everyone from Bugs Bunny to Taz! It also lists every
short they ever made!
Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects (Thomas G. Smith) George Lucas'
effects studio, 1975-1986 This book explains how
Lucas started his effects shop from the ashes of
cinema past and took it into the future!
- ILM: Into the Digital Realm
(Mark Cotta Vaz, Patricia Rose Duignan) Continuing where the last book left off! It tells how ILM discovered computers and lead the digital revolution
- Re-Search No.10: Incredibly Strange
Films A look at such cult movie directors such as Russ Meyer and such genres as Women in Prison and
- Filmmaking on the Fringe (Maitland McDonagh) A kind of sequel to the above book!
- STAR WARS THE PHANTOM MENACE books!